cs

http://www.clixsense.com/?2075983 Free to join Free to Earn join me Member Since February 24, 2007

Saturday, December 10, 2011

View point of women as property,, letter from Rev Joey

Thank you for sharing, I am a Male Minister...I agree with you about Male Dominated religion. It is difficult especially in Baptist Church for women. In my local congregation I have 32 members 8 of them are Male and the remaining 24 are Women. According to Baptists Traditions, Women are not in any way shape or form to hold any offices in the church. I have a real problem with traditions that subjugate anyone at all. I have served this Church for the past 5 years, and I have seen many changes. I despise traditions that limit Divine moving. I have only one other man able to serve. I was very proud of my congregation when they voted to ordain five women as Elders who have served beautifully this last year.....its just like a Baptist to be long winded......lol......What I can say is that I have my first Female Minister in training....what is sad is that she is 64 years old and she is petrified to do anything without permission...although she is growing into a very wonderful outspoken Woman of God. I hope to have more Women apply to the Ministry. O.K. Now I am rambling. Thank You for listening/reading


Greetings Rev Joey
I agree with you about Male Dominated religion. yes this has been a very dominated problem since before Christ even,
Woman has taken a back seat for far to long, it is time for them to step up to reclaim their place  in this world ,as it was in the beginning ,
petrified to do anything without permission !!! Yes I have seen this my whole life due to
Humanities  in  societies View point of women as property,, it wasn’t till the 19th century
We where  allowed to seek higher education ,
Even fathers viewed their daughters as property,,    to trade or sell into marriage
That is why I have change a few things in my wedding vow’s
Others would ask at this time who gives this bride in marriage, but as a woman is not property to be bought or sold, given or taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own will and accord. Will her parents bless her on her day ?
BRIDE is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?
With whom do you come and whose blessings accompany you.

[FATHER] She comes with me, her father, and is accompanied by all of her family's blessings.
Ok now who’s getting winded LOL
RevLadyLaFay

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.clixsense.com/?2075983
my clixsense stats Member Since
February 24, 2007 total 4,607 earned $49.7630
Movements payouts $1,068.56 Free to join